Case Study 9
Disorders of White Blood Cells and Lymphoid Tissues
Max is a 60-year-old living in Iowa. For the 27 years, he has been working in the agricultural industry, particularly in the management of corn production. Recently he began to feel weak during work and tired easily. During the night he woke up sweating, and he often felt unusually warm during the day. Max was also surprised that, in spite of eating regularly, his weight was declining and his work pants were now too large for him. Upon physical examination, his physician noted his inguinal lymph nodes were swollen although Max said they were not sore. Subsequent laboratory tests confirmed follicular, non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Chemotherapy in conjunction with rituximab was immediately initiated.
- What are the key cellular differences between non-Hodgkin lymphoma and Hodgkin lymphoma?
- The early manifestations of non-Hodgkin lymphoma and Hodgkin lymphoma in lymphatic tissue appear differently. In terms of lymphatic presentation, how would these two diseases appear clinically?
- What are the pharmacologic properties of rituximab, and what is its mechanism of action on malignant cells?
- Outline the structure of lymph node parenchyma including the areas where B and T lymphocytes reside. Where did Max’s lymphoma arise?
Before finalizing your work, you should:
· Ensure you have written at least four double-spaced pages.
· Be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
· Consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
· Utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
· Follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
· Be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
· Display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
· Use APA 6th Edition format as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder.
The post Advanced pathophysiology case study expert level appeared first on Australia Assessments.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.