Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
Aesthetic and Affective Lesson Plan
As you read in Chapter 3 of your primary text, identifying appropriate learning goals for children is critical to planning (Kostelnik, Soderman, Whiren, & Rupiper, 2015). Subsequently, in Week Two you evaluated the planning process. For this assignment it is your turn to use those planning steps and to create a developmentally appropriate lesson plan. Remember that your lesson plan should align with the theme you chose in Week Three of class, as well as the unit goals, since this lesson plan will be added to your final thematic unit.
To prepare for this assignment, choose one of the goals for the aesthetic domain on pages 282-283 in your primary text. Then, choose one of the goals for the affective domain on pages 316-317. Using information gained in Week 3 of this course, as well as in your previous courses, you will use each of these goals and create a developmentally appropriate lesson plan that incorporates each goal. You will need to use the Lesson Plan Template for this assignment.
Your assignment will have three steps:
Step 1: Overview
Provide an overview that includes the following:
- Summarize the considerations for planning meaningful activities in the affective and aesthetic domains of development. Support this section of your paper with your text and at least one scholarly or credible resource.
- Explain the teaching strategies that are important to use within each domain of development.
Step 2: Lesson Plan
Complete each section of the Lesson Plan Template, and create one lesson that includes the following:
- Create a developmentally appropriate lesson plan that incorporates both the aesthetic domain of development, as well as the affective domain of development (into one lesson). Remember to adhere to overall theme you chose in Week Three of the course.
- Describe which two goals you are implementing into your lesson plan: one goal from pages 282-283 for the aesthetic domain and one goal from pages 316-317 for the affective domain. Place both of these in the “Goal” section of the template.
- Include the following in your Lesson Plan Template:
- State the objective of your lesson.
- List the materials you will need to teach this lesson.
- Identify how you will introduce the lesson.
- Describe the procedure for the lesson development.
- Explain how you will differentiate the lesson based on the needs of your students (e.g., English language learner (ELL), gifted, special needs, etc.).
- Describe how you will check for understanding.
- Summarize how you will close the lesson.
Step 3: Conclusion
Provide a conclusion that includes the following:
- Summarize explicitly how your lesson includes each domain. Support this portion of your paper with your text and at least one scholarly or credible resource.
- Justify how you connected the affective and aesthetic domains of development to your state standards.
Research and Resource Expectations:
- Source Requirement:
- At least two scholarly peer-reviewed or credible sources. Please use the MAECEL Source Guide if you need assistance with how to locate scholarly peer-reviewed or credible sources.
Writing and Formatting Expectations:
- Title Page: Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Academic Voice: Academic voice is used (avoids casual language, limited use of “I”, it is declarative) as outlined.
- Purpose and Organization: Demonstrates logical progression of ideas.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Writing displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- APA Formatting: Papers are formatted properly and all sources are cited and referenced in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Suggested Assignment Length: This assignment should be 3 pages length (not including title and reference pages).
The post aesthetic and affective lesson plan appeared first on Scholars Answers.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc