Are you potentially at risk of long-term adverse health effects due to a poorly designed work space? If so, what are your most significant risk factors?
ergonomics (Nursing Informatics)
Assignment 3: Using Information Technology
30% of Total Grade
Health care providers and consumers are becoming increasing sophisticated in their use of technology to obtain the
information they need. Choose one of the following scenarios as the topic for your assignment.
• One of your goals as nurse manager is to facilitate evidence-based practice by increasing nurses’ access to available
electronic resources. In your annual budget submission you requested several thousand dollars for ergonomically correct
workstations. You have been invited to provide additional information regarding the potential costs and benefits of your
request. Present your case for this budget request.
Note: Alternatively, you may choose to focus on the introduction of PDAs (personal digital assistant) on your unit using the
outlined scenario described above.
Assignment 3: Marking Criteria
Substantive content (70% of assignment grade)
• The concerns to be addressed are clearly identified.
• The relative merits (e.g., strengths, limitations, costs, benefits, as appropriate) of various courses of action are
• An action plan, including three or four priority actions and rationale for their selection, is developed to address the
Scholarly presentation of ideas (30% of assignment grade)
• Critical analysis and synthesis of ideas is evident throughout the paper.
• Paper draws on sources beyond the course textbooks (e.g., online journal databases and Internet resources).
• Format follows APA (6th ed.) scholarly format and is a maximum of 6 pages (excluding title and reference pages and
please use Canadian references and reference from “additional material” websites if possible
As you explore the readings for this unit, think about the impact of computers on workers’ health and the costs to the
individual and the healthcare system of poorly designed computer equipment and workspaces. If you are a frequent computer
user, what impact have you noticed on your own health and well-being?
Actively engaging with the content of this unit will enable you to
• define ergonomics.
• discuss the importance of ergonomic considerations in preventing discomfort, lost productivity, and injury when
working with computers.
• apply ergonomic principles in your workplace.
Read the following chapter in your textbook, particularly the section related to ergonomics. Compare the concerns discussed
in this chapter with those identified in the article following.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Are you potentially at risk of long-term adverse health effects due to a poorly designed work space? If so, what are your most significant risk factors? appeared first on Nursing Nursing.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.