order at http://researchpapershub.com/order/
- Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.Assignment 4: Special Problems and Challenges and the Future of Policing In AmericaDue Week 10 and worth 200 pointsModern law enforcement operations and strategies are driven by best practices in the areas of data collection and manipulation, addressing special populations, and preventing organized criminal activities. A tremendous amount of specialization has evolved in today’s sphere of policing, especially among federal, state, and local agencies. Perhaps what is most evident is how the law enforcement agencies of the federal government have retooled to meet today’s challenge of terrorism. Use your textbook, the Internet, and/or the Strayer Library (https://research.strayer.edu) to research credible sources on the aforementioned issues as they relate to law enforcement operations and management.Write a 6- to 8-page paper in which you:
- Identify and describe the major functions of the three agencies of the Department of Homeland Security. Of the three agencies, provide a rationale for which agency you feel has the greatest responsibility as it relates to federal law enforcement.
- Explain the purposes of the Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). Identify and discuss the various weaknesses related to the accuracy of the Uniform Crime Report (UCR).
- Describe the major roles of police executives using the Mintzberg model of chief executive officers. Of the executive roles described in the model, provide a rationale for which role you feel is the most important for a chief executive officer’s success.
- Examine two legislative enactments that are in place to help combat terrorism. Provide your opinion on the effectiveness of these enactments with regard to combatting terrorism.
- Analyze the problems related to determining the actual numbers of hate crimes and what makes hate crimes different from other crimes.
- Use at least four quality references including the textbooks. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references should follow the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). This format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Contrast the organization and administration of federal law enforcement agencies with that of state agencies. Contrast the organization and administration of municipal law enforcement agencies with that of county agencies.
- Visualize the future of policing in America and identify some of the forces and technologies shaping that future.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in law enforcement operations and management.
- Write clearly and concisely about law enforcement operations and management using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.
The post Assignment 4: Special Problems and Challenges and the Future of Policing In America appeared first on Research Papers Hub.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.