Instructions – Case Study Outline
- Read the following case study.
· Week 6 Case Study Discussion – Strategic Family Therapy
The Beyers family has come for therapy. Bill and Maria are the parents, and Veronica and Justine are their two teenage daughters, age 16 and 14, respectively.
Bill: I guess we’ve come to see you because we fight all the time. We don’t have any good times together anymore.
Maria: (interrupting) Baloney! We’re in trouble because we don’t have any money. Period. Bill refuses to get a job even though he has an MBA. We should be well off. Instead, we live off of the money my father left us- and that’s going fast. If Bill would just develop a little backbone and get a job, we’d all be fine.
(You notice that Bill withdraws, and Veronica rolls her eyes as her mother talks.)
Maria: I make what little money we earn, and to do it I have to work 10 hours a day. When I get home, no one has done a thing to help the family. Bill is playing computer games likes a 12-years-old, and the girls are text messaging everyone in creation. The other night I refuses to cook dinner and took myself out to a restaurant. They could all starve as far as I am concerned.
Of course, I don’t want things to be like this, but what an I supposed to do, give in every single day of my life? Frankly, I am married to a coward, and the girls are spoiled brats. No one cares about me at all.
Bill: That’s not true, Maria. We all care about you very much.
Maria: Yeah, well, thanks is cheap. Prove it. Go get a job.
Bill: I am trying, but in this market there isn’t much out there. You know I send out my resume to someone practically every day.
Veronica: I am so tired of listening to this same old battle. Mom says Dad’s a wuss, and Dad tires to calm her down. (Turning to her parents): Why don’t you get divorce a already? You obviously don’t love each other anymore.
- 2.Complete the Case Study Outline.
Case Study Outline – Week 6Read the Beyers Family case study. Please respond to this case study from Strategic Family Theoretical Perspective.
1. Background information and Socio-cultural considerations.
2. Assessment (assessment methods must be consistent with the theory you have read for this week’s assignments, video clips or theory mentioned in the vignette).
3. Treatment plans, must list 3 treatment goals that follow logical problem solving.
4. Interventions (Interventions must be consistent from theory/ theories you are using for the case study) include collateral stakeholders as part of the interventions as needed.
5. Discuss future research that may be needed.
Your Case Study Outline should be attached as a Word .doc file (.doc, .docx)
1. Jay Haley on Directive Family Therapy (2000
2. MFT Exam Strategic Therapy
3. Behavioral Couples Therapy Video
Chapter 11 & 12
Goldenberg, I, Stanton,M & Goldenberg, H. (2017). Family Therapy: An Overview (9th Edition). Cengage Learning.
Attached is more class material to complete this assignment.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.