Chamberlain College of Nursing
RECORDED LACE PRESENTATION GUIDELINES & GRADING RUBRIC
The purpose of this assignment is for learners to:
· Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
· Demonstrate an advancing understanding of the political landscape of APN practice.
· Demonstrate the ability to analyze the literature and be able to disseminate the information orally.
· Demonstrate and practice professional communication and leadership, while advancing the education of peers.
1. Analyze the development of advanced practice nursing roles from a historical perspective including the impact of advanced practice nursing on the healthcare delivery system from the perspective of selected current reports (i.e. LACE, IOM, etc.)
2. Critically analyze how healthcare systems and APN practice are organized and influenced by ethical, legal, economic and political factors.
For Week 7, there is no case study given to you by the faculty. Instead you will be creating a recorded presentation that demonstrates your understanding of LACE principles and their influence on APN practice. This presentation will be uploaded into the course via Kaltura (please see course resources for directions).
Address the following Topics/Questions:
· How do licensure, accreditation, certification, and education (LACE) considerations differ for APN clinical roles for these three states: California, Washington, and Illinois? Provide evidence for your response.
· Discuss what evidence-based strategies should be implemented to achieve continuity between state regulatory boards? Provide evidence for your response.
· Is independent NP practice allowed in your state? Discuss your opinion regarding independent NP practice. Provide evidence for your response.
· The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation which will be recorded via Kaltura.
· Students should create the PowerPoint presentation offline and then open it for use during the recording.
· Students may record the presentation more than once to allow for practice and mastery of the content and presentation style. Final presentation should be submitted only.
· Students should review their presentation for clarity in audio and sound as well as clarity in the information presented. Students should be professionally dressed in business casual attire for the presentation with/without lab coat. Scrubs, sweats, denim, yoga pants, and athletic wear are not considered business casual. Student’s face should be visible via the webcam during presentation.
· The presentation should be no more than 15-20 minutes in recorded length.
· The presentation should contain appropriate scholarly evidence to support the information presented per APA format.
· PowerPoint slides should be used as cues to topics and key concepts without lengthy sentences and paragraphs- reading information from slides is not professional and therefore not acceptable.
· A professional presentation includes an introduction both of yourself and of the topic, the touch points of information you’re going to discuss as well as a conclusion. A professional presentation should be covered in approx. 5-15 slides.
· 12 pt font Times New Roman is the recommended font size/style. Slides should include bullet points you intend to cover, 4-5 bullet points per slide. The bullet points should be expanded upon with oral information. Direct quotes and paragraphs are discouraged.
· The student’s oral presentation should demonstrate clear understanding of all concepts along with specific examples to represent concepts.
The presentation should be recorded using PowerPoint (See course resources for information about using PowerPoint in the course). Presentation should be saved in .ppt format.
Outstanding or highest level of performance
Very good or high level of performance
Satisfactory level of performance
Poor or failing level of performance
Unsatisfactory level of performance
|Total Points Possible =|
|Application of Course Knowledge||80 Points||70 Points||66 Points||32 Points||0 Points|
|The recorded presentation includes:
Clear, specific examples of how LACE differs in each state in each role.
Clear understanding of the four LACE concepts (what they are and how they function for each role).
More than one evidence-based strategy is discussed regarding continuity of requirements state to state.
Accurately and specifically reports the student’s state scope of practice.
Opinion if independent practice is logical and represents knowledge of pros/cons of Independent APN practice.
|The recorded presentation includes all elements but some topics are addressed in a generic manner without examples.||The presentation has limited perspective, insights and/or applicability to topic OR is missing one of the criteria of the assignment.||The presentation has limited perspectives, insights and/or applicability to the topic and is missing two or more of the criteria of the assignment.||Post offers little or no insight or application to the assignment or course content and is missing three or more of the criteria.|
|Support from Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)||80 Points||70 Points||66 Points||32 Points||0 Points|
|Scholarly literature is present both in the presentation slides and referred to orally when discussing all assignment criteria.
Presentation demonstrates specific knowledge and understanding of the governing agencies and institutions involved in all aspects of the assignment criteria. In-text citations and full references are provided.
|Evidence-based, peer reviewed journal article/governing agency/Institutions cited but may not fully support information presented.||Sources may not be scholarly in nature or may be older than 5 years. In-text citations and/or full references may be incomplete or missing.||Citations to non-scholarly websites given as rationale to support concepts and opinions.||Discussion posts contain no evidence-based practice reference/governing agency or institution citations.|
|Professionalism/ Organization||30 Points||26 Points||24 Points||12 Points||0 Points|
|The recorded presentation has clear audio/video.
Student professionally dressed. The content flows in a logical, smooth manner. Verbal pauses are limited or absent. Transitions are used between topics. Slides are clear and easy to read. Student makes good eye contact and speaks in a clear cadence and speed.
The presentation meets the guidelines for:
Length of time, number of slides, bullet-point style.
|The recorded presentation is lacking one to two (1-2) components from the ten point criteria.||The recorded presentation is lacking three to four (3-4) components from the ten point criteria.||Presentation presents findings that are sometimes unclear to follow and may not always be relevant to topic and/or concepts are difficult to follow.||The audio/video are hard to hear/see.
Slides contain lengthy content (student reading from slides).
|Grammar, Syntax, APA||10 points||9 points||8 points||4 point||0 points|
|APA format, grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation are accurate, or with zero to one errors.||Two to four errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and syntax noted.||Five to seven errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and syntax noted.||Eight to nine errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and syntax noted.||Presentation contains ten or greater errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation.|
|Total Points Possible= 200|
The post Develop professional presentation/communication skills appeared first on ukbestwriting.com.
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
Develop professional presentation/communication skills was first posted on June 11, 2020 at 8:21 am.
©2020 “Best Essays”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post Develop professional presentation/communication skills appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.
Develop professional presentation/communication skills was first posted on June 11, 2020 at 12:23 pm.
©2020 “Savvy Essay Writers”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.