Development of PTSD
Assume that as a forensic psychologist, you have been asked to evaluate and submit a narrative report. You have now submitted your sentencing report to the Judge. Let’s evaluate how as experts, you need to understand certain guidelines and resources in your communities to assist you in making clinical recommendations.
Treatment Programs for Violent Offenders
Society is significantly concerned about the likelihood of violent offenders repeating their crimes. Although a great number of offenders in the United States are sentenced to prison, prison overcrowding has created a need and demand for alternative sentencing programs.
To prepare for this assignment, conduct Internet research to find out what types of treatment programs are available in your state for violent offenders. In addition, review the US Sentencing Guidelines (Ruback&Wroblewski, 2001).
Based on your research, address the following:
- Describe some of the treatment programs available in your area. Identify the types of services they offer and how these programs relate to psychology.
- Identify several interventions used in the treatment of sex offenders from psychological, medical, and physical perspectives.
- Assume you are working in the criminal justice field as a forensic medical health specialist. Describe some of the key aspects of your job responsibilities. Support your responses through Internet research and your textbook readings.
Ruback, R. B. &Wroblewski, J. (2001). The Federal sentencing guidelines: Psychological and policy reasons for simplification. Psychology, Public Policy and Law, 7(4), 739–775.
- Cite all sources in APA format.
- Support reasoning with research and examples.
The post Development of PTSD Assume that as a forensic psychologist, you have been asked to evaluate and submit a narrative report. You have now submitted your sentencing report to the Ju appeared first on Academic Works Help.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.