Discussion 1: Evidence-Based Practices: How Do You Know They Are Working?
For this Discussion you will develop a working definition of “evidence-based practice” after reading different perspectives on what it means for practices to have a strong evidence base. This definition will assist with future modules as you explore what evidence-based practice looks like in academic and social-emotional instruction within special education.
- Review this module’s Learning Resources and analyze the perspectives for what makes a strategy evidence-based.
- Develop a definition of “evidence-based practice” based on the information gathered from the readings.
- Select two peer-reviewed articles written within the past 3 years that report on a study using evidence-based practices to support your definition.
- Review the Appendix B Checklist from the U.S. Department of Education’s Identifying and Implementing Educational Practices Supported by Rigorous Evidence article in the module’s Learning Resources.
- Review the CEC Standards for Evidence-Based Practices in Special Education.
- Review the CEC evidence-based practice news release.
By Day 3 of Week 1 (June 3, 2020)
Post your “evidence-based practice” definition and an evaluation of your selected articles addressing the following:
- *A citation for each article and an explanation as to why it was selected
- *How would you evaluate the findings based on the checklist? How do the articles measure up to the standards addressed in the checklist? (THIS CHECK LIST IS APPENDIX B in the US Dept of Education resource 2003).
- *How might someone evaluate an observed teaching practice to determine the extent to which it is research-based?
- *In what ways might there be differences in the interpretation of what evidence-based specialized instruction is, depending on the particular disability area?
Text Book is:
Coyne, M. D., Kame’enui, E. J., & Carnine, D. W. (2011). Effective teaching strategies that accommodate diverse learners (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 1, “Introduction”
- Chapter 2, “Characteristics of Students with Diverse Learning and Curricular Needs”
The post Discussion 1: evidence-based practices: how do you know they are appeared first on Australia Assessments.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.