The Meals on Wheels program and the Canadian health care program described in McDavid, Huse & Hawthorn (2013) illustrate the range of complexity in applying logic models. The UNICEF (2002) cases illustrate examples of logframes and logic models as applied to post conflict rehabilitation of child soldiers.
For this Discussion, review this week’s Learning Resources and the case of the popular program, Alcoholics Anonymous.
Post an explanation that includes the following:
- Explain whether or not you think the Alcoholics Anonymous program is successful. Justify your response.
- Briefly describe what you think are the important characteristics of its underlying logic model. Explain your reasoning.
- McDavid, J. C., Huse, I., & Hawthorn, L. R. L. (2013). Program evaluation and performance measurement: An introduction to practice (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapter 2, “Understanding and Applying Program Logic Models” (pp. 45–86)
- BetterEvaluation. (2014c). Logframe. Retrieved from http://betterevaluation.org/evaluation-options/logframe
- Koerner, B. I. (2010). Secret of AA: After 75 years, we don’t know how it works. Retrieved from http://www.wired.com/2010/06/ff_alcoholics_anonymous/all/
- UNICEF. (2002). From results-based planning tools to integrated M&E plan. Retrieved from http://www.ceecis.org/remf/Service3/unicef_eng/module2/part2.html
- Astbury, B., & Leeuw, F. L. (2010). Unpacking black boxes: Mechanisms and theory building in evaluation. American Journal of Evaluation, 31(3), 363–381.
The post Discussion question 3 | Government homework help appeared first on Australia Assessments.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.