Week 10 6446
Eating Disorders and Body Image
• Francisco, R., Narciso, I., & Alarcoa, M. (2013). Parental
influences on elite aesthetic athletes’ body image dissatisfaction
and disordered eating. Journal of Child & Family Studies, 22(8),
• Hargreaves, D. A., & Tiggemann, M. (2004). Idealized media images and adolescent body image: “Comparing” boys and girls.
Body Image, 1(4), 351–361.
• Lacoste, S. M. (2017). Looking for the origins of anorexia
nervosa in adolescence-a new treatment
approach. Aggression and violent behavior, 36, 76-80.
• Scarborough, J. (2018). Family-Based Therapy for
Pediatric Anorexia Nervosa: Highlighting the
Implementation Challenges. The Family Journal, 26(1), 90-
• Smolak, L. (2004). Body image in children and adolescents:
Where do we go from here? Body Image, 1(1), 15–28.
• Document: DSM-5 Bridge Document: Eating Disorders and
Body Image (PDF)
• Geller, J., & Dunn, E. C. (2011). Integrating motivational
interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy in the treatment of
eating disorders: Tailoring interventions to patient readiness to
change. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 18(1), 5–15.
• Khan, F., & Chowdhury, U. (2011). Eating disorders in children
and adolescents. British Journal of Medical Practitioners, 4(1),
• Lock, J., & Fitzpatrick, K. K. (2009). Advances in psychotherapy
for children and adolescents with eating disorders. American
Journal of Psychotherapy, 63(4), 287–303.
• Raich, R. M., Portell, M., & Pelaez-Fernandez, M. A. (2010).
Evaluation of a school-based programme of universal eating
disorders prevention: Is it more effective in girls at risk?
European Eating Disorders Review, 18(1), 49–57.
• Talleyrand, R. M. (2010). Eating disorders in African American
girls: Implications for counselors. Journal of Counseling &
Development, 88(3), 319–324.
Body Image and Media Messages
the URL to an online advertisement or attach a
scan/photocopy of the print advertisement to the discussion thread.
Then, post a brief description of the advertisement you selected. Explain how this advertisement made you feel and explain why.
Finally, explain one way this advertisement might affect a child or
adolescent and how. Be specific.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific
references to the week’s resources.
The post Discussion | SOCW 6446 – Social Work Practice With Children and Adolescents | Walden University appeared first on Australia Assessments.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.