250 words in APA style with references, all reference search from web site like .edu, org, gov, etc but NOT .com, college standard writing
Your endocrine system regulates so many important activities. It is scary to think that there are natural and man-made substances that could possibly disrupt it. In certain doses, chemicals known as endocrine disruptors can interfere with the normal functioning of the endocrine system. Have you ever seen a plastic product indicating that it is “BPA-free”? BPA (bisphenol A) is a chemical used in the production of polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins. It can enter the body by seeping into food from the internal epoxy resin coatings of canned foods or from products such as plastic polycarbonate tableware, water bottles and baby bottles. Some research has shown that exposure to BPA can have possible effects on the brain, mimic the effects of reproductive hormones and can alter the behavior in infants and children.
Conduct some additional research on the different types of endocrine disruptors that are recognized, and then, in your main post, answer the following topics:
1. List two examples of man-made and nature made endocrine disruptors.
2. For your two examples, describe the effects of either a man-made or natural endocrine disruptor at a high and low dose.
3. Before conducting your research, were you aware of what endocrine disruptors were? If so, explain your knowledge of these chemicals.
4. What steps can you take to help ensure you do not come in contact with endocrine disruptors?
5. What other food, drugs, dyes, or environmental factors can you avoid (unrelated to the endocrine system) because you believe they alter the body’s normal chemistry or functioning? Explain your reasoning.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.