Module 4 – Assignment – Quality, Ethical, and IT Controls
- Based on your proposed organization and structure for the GAH and the Community Clinic, we will now focus on additional aspects pertaining to:
- Quality control and Accreditation:
- Define at least five core organizational competencies and functions for the new organization, and define a goal/objective for them.
- Propose a control method/score board to be implemented in the new organization to ensure that said core competencies and functions are meeting their goals and objectives.
- Assume that the new Hospital will seek JCAHO accreditation. What major competencies will this require from management and staff?
- Ethical Issues – HIPAA
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA, Title II) required the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health plans, and employers. It also addressed the security and privacy of health data. As the industry adopts these standards for the efficiency and effectiveness of the nation’s healthcare system, the use of electronic data interchange will improve.
- Review CMS (2016). HIPAA basics for providers: Security, and breach notification rules. Retrieved from: https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/Downloads/HIPAAPrivacyandSecurity.pdf
- IT Systems
- Based on your proposed project’s organizational structure and the geographical locations of Mission Hospital, Golden Age Hospital and the Community Clinic, recommend the major components of an IT system that can best provide for the communication needs within and between the organization units.
- Identify and define your requirements from the system subject to the ethical requirements of HIPAA (see above).
- Conclusions and Recommendations – Final for complete project.
- Final paper
- Combine all chapters of the project paper as you have developed them over the past modules into one comprehensive paper.
- Note: If you need any clarification on the assignment, communicate with your instructor at any time throughout the modules.
The post Final paper | Applied Sciences homework help appeared first on Australia Assessments.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.