A. Bacterial Growth. Observing the growth of the bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae
These Streptococcus bacteria have been placed on a nutrient rich agar medium and their growth visualized. You can monitor their growth by watching the middle frame and moving through time with the time step buttons.
• Estimate how long it takes for this population of bacteria to double. Hint- this population doubles multiple times during the duration of this recording.
B. Cellular Reproduction : The Cell Cycle (1 , 2 , 3), Mitosis (1 , 2), Meiosis (1 , 2), and Binary fission (1 , 2).
• 1. Estimate the percentage of time that a constantly developing cell spends in interphase.
• 2. In a random selection of 100 such cells, estimate the number that would be undergoing mitosis at any given time.
• 3. Understand the basic differences between mitosis, meiosis, and binary fission. Is mitosis
more similar to meiosis or to binary fission? Explain your reasoning.
C. Cellular Metabolism: Cellular Respiration (1 , 2), Photosynthesis (1 , 2), and The Carbon Cycle (1 , 2 , 3)
• 1. In a paragraph or two compare and contrast photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
• 2. Describe the ecological relationship between photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
• 3. Hypothesize about what might happen if a large number of producers were suddenly removed from the biosphere. Where might carbon accumulate if the ratio of number of producers to consumers was markedly reduced?
The post For shahmermaid | Biology homework help appeared first on Australia Assessments.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.