Over the last several days in class we’ve seen each of the following:
1. Differing positions on the appropriate role of the university (Yale) in asserting a measure of authority over students’ Halloween costume choices.
2. Recent national conversation in the wake of violence in Charlottesville, Virginia over the proper place of openly white supremacist and/or neo-nazi expressions within American society.
3. The historical foundation of Freedom of Speech as a necessity for the democratic process to function.
4. The conditional recognition of Freedom of Speech throughout American history depending on topic, context, and prevailing attitudes of the time.
Now I want you to use information from all of these topics as EVIDENCE to support a brief argumentative essay responding to the following question:
Should American society consider expressions of white supremacy and/or neo-nazism as protected forms of speech under the 1st Amendment?
This is your first writing task of the year and will serve as a baseline against which to measure future growth in writing essays. As a reminder, your essay should adhere to each of the following:
– Have a clear thesis that answers the question and takes a position.
– Support your thesis by explaining how you consider the historical EVIDENCE to be in support of your position.
– Use proper writing conventions such as punctuation and paragraphs.
Type your essay and save it to be printed in class later.
The post Freedom of speech essay | American history homework help appeared first on Australia Assessments.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.