Resource: Ch. 16 of Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management (3rd ed.)
Consider the following scenario:
- During the third week of your internship, the CIO emails your team several examples of other IT project implementations. Later that day, she says, “Review the examples I sent you about the implementation process. I attached a list of questions for you to answer about how the implementation process works and why IT projects sometimes fail. I’m most interested in your analysis of how organizations like ours can minimize the occurrences and effects of IT failures.”
Read the University of Phoenix Material: Case Study–Memorial Health System CPOE Implementation.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
- What is the typical IT implementation process? What are the roles and responsibilities involved in system implementation?
- How did the process described in the case study fail to include the fundamental activities identified in Ch. 8 of Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management (3rd ed.)?
- Ch. 16 of Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management (3rd ed.) describes the causes of project failure. What are at least five indicators of project failure that manifest themselves in the case study?
- For each indicator you described, what might you have done differently to eliminate or minimize its effect?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
The post Hcs 483 week 4 it project implementation failures appeared first on Australia Assessments.