Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
View Full Description
History 221 – African American History Before 1877
Historical discussion on African American Soldiers during the Civil War
Writing interactive assignment #2:
The initial post with with well referenced facts is due by Friday, 11:55 p.m. ET and 2 peer responses are due by Sunday, 11:55 p.m.
Pick one historical figure or group listed below- each of these people or groups are connected to African American Military History from 1860 to1865.
Tell the class the history of this person(s) or units as it relates to African American Military History and remember to cite where you found your information. Also read two of your peers Soldier discussions and comment on the units or people they chose in comparison to the ones your wrote about.
Pick wisely!!!..You cannot repeat a person already covered by you in the INITIAL post or another student has claimed in this follow up forum or points will be taken off for repeating material already covered and you must label your forum heading with the key figure’s name.
***You can label your heading prior to writing your forum response…so you can claim the person or regiment before someone else does.
Example of Forum heading title: 3. USCT 5th Regiment at the Battle of Saltville in 1864
Pick one from the list below of African American Military regiments or figures.
- First Sergeant Powhatan Beaty of Richmond, VA at the Battle of Chapin’s Farm in 1864
- 13th U.S.C.T at the Chapin’s Farm Battle in 1864
- USCT 5th Regiment at the Battle of Saltville in 1864
- April 12, 1864 in Fort Pillow, Tennessee
- 8th U.S.C.T., from Philadelphia and the Appomattox Campaign
- 7th U.S.C.T. regiment, recruited in Maryland and the Appomattox Campaign
- 29th USCT
- Colonel Ulysses Doubleday’s brigade
- 41st U.S.C.T
- 45th U.S.C.T
- Colonel William W. Woodward’s brigade
- 127th U.S.C.T
- Major General Edward Ord’s Union Army of the James
- Majors James W. Pegram and Thomas P. Turner forming a troop of colored soldiers
- “Negro Brigade” of Confederate States Colored Troops
- 73rd U.S.C.T
- 1st Louisiana Native Guard after the siege on Port Hudson on May 27, 1863
- CAPTAIN LOUIS A. SNAER, Co. B., 73rd U.S.C.T
- 6th U.S.C.T and the combat they encountered at Chapin’s Farm Battle in 1864
- Charles Tyler Trowbridge and how is he tied to the 33rd USCT
- Cincinnati Black Brigade
- 35th U.S.C.T
- the Third U. S. Colored Cavalry and the march on Vicksburg
- Battle of Fort Blakely and the 11 regiments of Colored Troops who participated in this battle
- Robert Small
- 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry Regiment’s assault on Fort Wagner
- Eighth United States Colored Troops (U.S.C.T.). and the Battle of Olustee, 1864
- 1st and 2nd South Carolina Volunteers. 1863
- Harriet Tubman’s service in the Civil War
- the Corps d”Afrique regiments out of Louisiana
- Robert Gould Shaw
- Cathay Williams or a.k.a. William Cathay, a soldier of the 8th Indiana Volunteer Infantry Regiment
- FIRST Kansas Colored Infantry, the battles at Honey Springs and US Senator James Lane
- Camp William Penn and explain how this place help make African American soldiers a permanent combat group in the US military
- Andersonville POW Prison camp and tell the class the conditions that African American soldiers faced when imprisoned there
- Levi Miller, a CSCT Confederate soldier of Virginia
- U.S.C.T. AND COMMISSIONED OFFICERS OF AFRICAN-AMERICAN DESCENT:Name two of the 120 commissioned African American officers of the Civil War and explain why they received this award
The second interactive assignment forum will have you investigate the participation of African Americans in the CIVIL WAR. The forum will ask you to highlight all the battles or events the one topic you chose from the list participated in the war.
You may use your book and the internet to research sources to help you in your forum. You will need three distinct and solid references to show your research on this topic posted in your forum and you will need to read three of your peers posts to discuss and debate the history of the Reconstruction era.
For online sources, you must ask addition questions. What is the domain (.edu?)? Who publishes the site, or sponsors it? Is it recent (has it been updated)? Are there advertisements or signs that it is a poorly designed website with all kinds of distractions? Is the site supposed to be an academic one? Or is it someone’s pet project?
Remember that this is a formal essay and you need an introduction, body, and conclusion.
The post history essay
: Solution Essays appeared first on Solution Essays.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc