In this Assignment, you will differentiate between the proper use of summary statistics for categorical and continuous level data. In this exercise, you will explore what output is provided for each of these variables and provide some meaning from these statistics for your reader. The ability to place the statistics into a context that your reader understands and can make sense of is a highly desirable skill.
For this Introduction to Quantitative Analysis: Descriptive Analysis Assignment, you will examine the same two variables you used from your Week 2 Assignment and perform the appropriate descriptive analysis of the data given.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and the Central Tendency and Variability media program.
- For additional support, review the Skill Builder: Measures of Central Tendency for Continuous Variables, Skill Builder: Standard Deviation as a Measure of Variability for Continuous Variables and the Skill Builder: Measures of Central Tendency and Variability for Categorical Variables, which you can find by navigating back to your Blackboard Course Home Page. From there, locate the Skill Builder link in the left navigation pane.
- Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset from your Assignment in Week 2.
- Choose the same two variables you chose from your Week 2 Assignment and perform the appropriate descriptive analysis of the data.
- Once you perform your descriptive analysis, review Chapter 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document.
Write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis of your descriptive analysis results and include a copy and paste your output from your analysis into your final document.
Based on the results of your data, provide a brief explanation of what the implications for social change might be.
Use appropriate APA format, citations and referencing. Refer to the APA manual for appropriate citation.
Submit your Introduction to Quantitative Analysis: Descriptive Analysis Assignment.
The post In this Assignment, you will differentiate between the proper use of summary statistics for categorical and continuous level data. In this exercise, you appeared first on Academic Works Help.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.