Book: Schultz, D.P., & Schultz, S.E. (2012). A History of Modern Psychology, (Ed. 10th)
From a historical perspective, the discipline of psychology was not developed or practiced in a non-western world. Or was it? Though the authors of our textbook describe in great detail the history of modern psychology from a western perspective, they virtually ignore the development of psychology outside of Europe and the U.S. Contrary to Schultz & Schultz (2012) historical worldview, the psychological discipline was flourishing in places outside Europe and the U.S., particularly in Latin America. However, due to the dominant western culture in the field of psychology, research conducted in societies, such as Latin America, has been virtually ignored. Therefore, for the Discussion Forum, we are going to take a glimpse into experimental psychology in Mexico and how this compares to Wundt’s experimental psychology.
- Read the journal article by Rogelio Escobar (2014). Attached Below
- Read Chapter 4 in your textbook.
- Include all of the following in your Discussion Forum post:
- In a few sentences summarize the history of psychology in Mexico.
- Briefly describe the development of experimental psychology in Mexico.
- Identify the main founders of experimental psychology in Mexico.
- Summarize the main differences between Wundt’s experimental psychology and experimental psychology in Mexico.
- Briefly discuss why it is important to understand psychology and its development outside of a western context.
- Make initial post
- 250-300 words
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.