Your papers will focus on one literary work or one author. They will consider one aspect of the text (literary form or style, relevant social, cultural or political issues and ideas, etc.) within its social/historical context. You will consult two scholarly articles for this paper. Neither scholarly article will discuss the work of the author you choose! Your contribution to literary scholarship will be to link your ideas about the author to the ideas expressed in the articles.
My research paper will be on, from The Relation of 1647, by Father Jerome Lalemant. The story depicts the horrible pain and journey that Father Jogues has been through from his enslavement with the Iroqois. The question that I have and hopefully find the answer within my research paper; Why were the Iroquis so violent with hurting the Englishmen? Why didn’t they see them as an asset to help them better there tribe like some of the other tribes did. Was it base of there religion/believe or because of the ethnic difference that made the become so violent to the Englishmen? I may never find the truth answer but I will find A answer to these questions I have.
- Write a draft of your paper. Start with the body of your paper. Summarize the points of the articles, and discuss the ways in which these points relate to the piece of writing you’ve chosen to focus on. Be sure to critique each point, showing clearly how points made in the article relate (or don’t relate) to your text.
- Cite your sources in the text and on a separate Works Cited page using MLA Style (use your handbook from your composition classes, or look up “MLA Style” online for the basics.
- Read over what you’ve written and clarify your points.
- Write your introduction.
- Read over your draft again and write a conclusion. This should not be a re-statement of the introduction! Use your conclusion to contemplate the significance of your findings, or to suggest ways to continue research on this topic.
- If you get stuck, visit me during office hours to get help
- Edit your draft for clarity and grammar. If you have a hard time with this, make an appointment at the Writing Studio for help.
- Turn in your final paper, along with at least one draft, on March 3. Staple all pages together, with final paper on top.
- 5 full pages, PLUS a Works Cited page
- Typed, double-spaced, Times Roman 12-point font
- One-inch margins all around
- Name only at top of page. No extra space at top of page!
- Space down once and type title.
- Space down again and start paper.
- Cite all sources within the text of the paper, using the author’s first and last names and the title of the article on first reference, and cite the page number. After that, refer to the author by last name only, and cite the page number.
- Be very clear which parts of the paper come from the text or a scholarly article, and which are your own observations.
The post The relation of 1647, by father jerome lalemant. appeared first on Australia Assessments.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.