The inmate who enters into a prison environment will undergo the process of prisonization, which is the process of socializing new inmates into the prison subculture. The dilemma with regard to prisonization is that the effect becomes more intense the longer the period of incarceration is. Though the impact of prisonization has been studied by numerous criminologists and penologists, many corrections officials appear to use the results of these studies to control inmates rather than improve therapeutic programs.
Using the course materials, textbook, library, and Web resources, list and discuss 4 ways that prison administrations can positively impact prisonization.
- Using the course materials, textbook, library, and Web resources, research prisonization and the effects it has on prisoners depending on the length of incarceration.
- In 4–6 paragraphs, address the following:
- List and explain 4 methods that you believe can be used to positively impact prisoners and reduce the effects of prisonization.
- You must use research to support your arguments.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
- Post a new topic to the Discussion Board that contains your responses pertaining to the above information.
- Comment on at least 2 other students’ posts, and propose any legitimate counterarguments that you see with regard to 2 of their 4 selected prisonization reduction methods. Encourage your classmates to defend their arguments.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on 2 other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc