Expository Essay Final
Revise your 1000-1500-word expository essay about a topic of your choice in the style described within Units VI and VII.
Purpose: Throughout Units VI and VII, we have discussed the conventions of the expository essay. The purpose of this assignment is to measure your mastery of those conventions by putting your knowledge to practice. For this assignment, you will practice the skill of careful revision and refinement of your work as sometimes re-envisioning your writing can be more difficult than writing the essay the first time. However, to make your writing the best that it can be, you must practice the skills of editing and revision.
Process: For the expository essay, you will complete the following steps:
- Revise and edit: See Unit VIII, Lesson 1, for techniques.
- Read through your paper looking for structural concerns: See Unit IV, Lesson 5, for more on structural concerns. Be sure that you are satisfied with your paper as a whole before you do any detailed editing.
- Read through your paper looking for grammar and stylistics: See Unit IV, Lesson 5, for more on grammar and stylistics. You may need to read your essay aloud or have someone else look over the essay to find all of your mistakes and awkward phrasings.
- Submit a Writing Center request using the Writing Center Request Form in the student portal (optional). Have one of CSU’s trained Writing Specialists read through your essay before submission.
Stylistic details: All essays must meet the following requirements:
- Include 1000-1500 words.
- Write in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font.
- Include one-inch margins on all sides.
- Use double spacing (top-to-bottom every page, to include above and below titles and centered words).
- Include an APA title page (for all essays) and reference list that includes all of the sources used in the essay.
- Include a header.
- Include page numbers (upper-right corner only).
- Adhere to APA convention and documentation style (See the CSU citation guide for assistance.).
- At least one source is required. All sources used must be cited.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.