Taylor, A. M., & Feenstra, R. C. (2014). International trade (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Worth.
1. United States tire producers did not join in the request for the tariff on tires in 2009. Rather, the petition for a tariff on tires imported from China was brought by the United Steel Workers of America, the union who represents workers in the tire industry. Why did major tire manufacturers operating in the U.S., such as Goodyear, Michelin, Cooper, and Bridgestone, not support the tariff?
2. What provisions of the U.S. trade law was used by President Barack Obama to apply a tariff on tires imported from China? Does this provision make it easier or harder to apply a tariff than section 201?
3. Please explain what terms of trade mean and apply it to a certain situation for trade in computers between China and the United States.
4. Explain how you would put into effect an export quota to protect the textile industry here in the United States and who would likely be effected but the quota.
5. List your top five industries that warrant strategic trade policy by the U.S. government and explain why these industries are on your top five list.
6. Why is it necessary to use a market failure to justify the use of infant industry protection?
7. If infant industry protection is justified, is it better for the home country to use a tariff or a quota? Explain why.
8. Is there a particular case that you can think of from your research for this course that a particular industry was severely hurt by predatory dumping practices? What would you have done to protect this industry? Do you think you would be effective?
Your response should be at least 75 words in length for all 8 questions. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
Unit III Essay
In Chapter 6 of your International Trade textbook, there is a segment on page 184 celebrating that the North American
Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) turns 15 years old. The article appears in Chapter 6, but please consider both Chapters 5 and 6 when writing your essay. Conduct some research to determine if NAFTA has lived up to all the claims laid out in
Write an essay to make your argument either for or against the claims that NAFTA promised. The essay should be at
least 500 words in length. This does not include references. You are required to use your textbook as source material for
your response in addition to outside sources. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased
and quoted material must have accompanying citations. The paper must be written using the APA style of writing.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.