Week 2 Case Studies
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment review Chapters 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 15 of Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach.
Select two of the case studies located in the course textbook at the end of Chapters 7, 8, 9, or 10, and answer the questions associated with those case studies in a cohesive, APA-formatted paper.
- How are patients prioritized for bed assignment?
- Describe some of the advantages and disadvantages of this new software; include the stated organizational goals in your answer.
- Discuss how this software might share data with other institutional applications to provide a dashboard view of census-type activity.
- Which components are critical to Mrs. Smith staying safely in her home?
- Describe whether Mrs. Smith’s regimen might be augmented using telehealth applications.
- Should you introduce the clinicians to standardize terminologies and involve them in the discussions about electronic health records (EHRs) before contacting potential software vendors? Or should you contact landers, select the best software, and tell the clinicians what you selected?
- What steps would you need to complete before reporting to the board of directors?
- What strategies will likely increase your chances of success? What strategies will increase your chances of failure?
- Describe the approaches you would use to ensure that all aspects of patient care were considered when developing a clinical decision support (CDS) system.
- How would you prioritize the efforts of your CDS team?
- How would you balance the need to deliver desired CDS capabilities quickly against the benefits of establishing robust infrastructure to enable future deliverables to be implemented more quickly?
- Identify one area for quality and value improvement.
- Define CDS interventions that you would implement to address this area of need.
- Describe how your approach aligns with the best practices discussed in this chapter.
- How would you systematically measure the impact of these CDS interventions?
The Week 2 Case Studies Papers
Nelson, R. & Staggers. N. (2018). Health informatics: an interprofessional approach (2nd ed.). Retrieved from https://redshelf.com
- Chapter 5: Technical Infrastructure to Support Healthcare
- Chapter 7: Administrative Applications Supporting Healthcare Delivery
- Chapter 8: Telehealth and Applications for Delivering Care at a Distance
- Chapter 9: Home Health and Related Community-Based Systems
- Chapter 10: Clinical Decision Support Systems in Healthcare
- Chapter 11: Public Health Informatics
- Chapter 15: mHealth: The Intersection of Mobile Technology and Health
The post Week 2 case studies due in 12 hours | HIM 301 Introduction to Health Informatics | Ashford University appeared first on Scholars Answers.
Our writing company helps you enjoy campus life. We have committed and experienced tutors and academic writers who have a keen eye in writing papers related to Business, Management, Marketing, History, English, Media studies, Literature, nursing, Finance, Medicine, Archaeology, Accounting, Statistics, Technology, Arts, Religion, Economics, Law, Psychology, Biology, Philosophy, Sociology, Political science, Mathematics, Engineering, Ecology etc.